On Our Shelves Now....best to call before coming in to pick up.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the How to Draw For Kids Series series.
- #2: All the Animals: How to Draw Books for Kids (How to Draw For Kids Series #2) (Paperback): $14.95
- #3: Magical Things: How to Draw Books for Kids with Unicorns, Dragons, Mermaids, and More (How to Draw For Kids Series #3) (Paperback): $14.95
- #4: Under the Sea: How to Draw Books for Kids with Dolphins, Mermaids, and Ocean Animals (How to Draw For Kids Series #4) (Paperback): $14.95
- #5: How to Draw for Kids: Mushrooms & Woodland Creatures (How to Draw For Kids Series #5) (Paperback): $14.95
- #6: Modern Flowers: How to Draw Books for Kids (How to Draw For Kids Series #6) (Paperback): $14.95
Fun 5-minute drawing lessons for kids ages 6-12
Perfect for budding artists and kids who have never drawn before, this beginner drawing book will teach your kid how to draw cool things in no time! Author and professional artist Alli Koch's kid friendly, mini drawing lessons will help your child practice their basic art skills and teach them how to draw with confidence. This book is perfect for kids 8-12, but kids as young as 5 will be able to easily follow along as well. From cupcakes, to unicorns, to cars, and cats, your kid will be drawing all sorts of things that they'll want to show off to their friends, or color afterward and hang on their room! No experience required!
- Easy-to-Follow Instructions: Simple steps and diagrams from start to finish
- 42 Cool Projects: Learn how to draw an ice cream cone, fruit, castle, spaceship, cactus, airplane, animals, and so many more cute and cool things!
- Layflat Binding: Making it easier for kids to keep the book open as they follow along
- Perforated Pages and Premium Paper: Easily removable pages that are thick and sturdy
- 9 x 9 Size: Big pages so your kid has no problem seeing each step
About the Author
Alli Koch is a city girl at heart, based in Dallas, Texas. She is the hands and heart behind Alli K Design, which is all she has known since college. With persistence and determination, she has turned her canvas crafts into murals, flower doodles into published books, and hanging out with friends sometimes involves recording her podcast, Breakfast with Sis. Alli discovered that creating, inspiring, and teaching others is what makes her thrive. A typical day for Alli includes going to Chick-fil-A, cuddling with her cats, and hanging out at her local plant nursery.
Easy to follow. Light-hearted. Engaging and full of all the things we want to draw! From ice cream cones and pineapples, trucks and baseball caps, to seashells, unicorns and castles - and of course all of the wild things! Alli has created the most interactive and encouraging book with All the Things. She includes helpful pointers and wonderful suggestions that help the young artist create beautiful pieces of art while feeling encouraged to explore their own style. A must-have for kids, and a wonderful book to have on hand to reference at all times - and to gift to all of your friends!
—Sarah Simon (of @themintgardener), author of Modern Watercolor Botanicals and The Plant Lady
"Alli Koch's How to Draw for Kids book series provides the perfect way for any child to jumpstart their interest in all things artistic. Whether forming flowers petal-by-petal or constructing castles shape-by-shape, Alli easily simplifies subjects in a way that anyone can truly enjoy. Alli’s genuine passion for nurturing artistic expression is contagious, and each tutorial is filled with more joy than the last! With step-by-step instructions paired with fun tips and tidbits about each subject, Alli’s books are absolutely a must-have for any parent hoping to jumpstart their child’s creativity."
—Katy Lipscomb and Tyler Fisher, creative team behind The Artist's Drawing Book