Pronounced ENN-EE-UH-GRAM, stemming from the Greek words ennea (nine) and grammos (a written symbol), the Enneagram is a centuries-old categorization tool that classifies human personalities into nine interconnected personality types. It is a powerful tool for self-observation, maximizing your strengths, and improving your relationships.
Learn—through in-depth descriptions, illustrations, and more—how to assess how you think, feel, and experience life, so that you can correctly identify which of the nine types you are.
- Type 1: The Improver/Reformer/Perfectionist (Life Strategy: “I must be perfect and do what is right.”)
- Type 2: The Helper/Giver/Befriender (Life Strategy: “I must be helping, caring, and needed.”)
- Type 3: The Achiever/Performer/Motivator (Life Strategy: “I must be impressive and look accomplished and successful.”)
- Type 4: The Individualist/Romantic/Artist (Life Strategy: “I must be understood uniquely as I am.”)
- Type 5: The Investigator/Observer/Theorist (Life Strategy: “I must be knowledgeable and equipped.”)
- Type 6: The Loyalist/Skeptic/Guardian (Life Strategy: “I must be secure and safe.”)
- Type 7: The Enthusiast/Optimist/Epicurean (Life Strategy: “I must be enjoying myself and avoiding pain.”)
- Type 8: The Challenger/Protector/Advocate (Life Strategy: “I must be strong and outside the control of others.”)
- Type 9: The Peacemaker/Mediator/Reconciler (Life Strategy: “I must maintain peace and calm.”)
So what’s your enneatype? Find out today and get started on the journey to better understand your world, yourself, and your place within it.
About the Author
Liz Carver and Josh Green run one of the most popular Enneagram accounts on social media, @justmyenneatype (justmyenneatype.com). Liz is a designer and the director of communication at Eastbrook Church in Wisconsin, and Josh is a campus minister for InterVarsity USA.
Liz Carver and Josh Green brilliantly use images and easy concepts to help everyday users know how to practically use the Enneagram for personal and relationship growth. I highly recommend this profoundly insightful book.—Beth McCord, bestselling author and founder of Your Enneagram Coach, Type 9w8
"Enneagram beginners and veterans alike can enjoy this creative guide."—Publishers Weekly
'I love how helpful and clear the information is, and I feel like each section is really useful for discovering new insights about not only myself but also my loved ones."—Alive in the Fire