We are delighted to welcome baseball star David Ross for this special signing event. Note: Mr. Ross's time with us is limited and we have a finite number of tickets! Call us at 847-446-8880 to get your ticket. You have to buy the book from The Book Stall to enter the signing line!
Packed with "compelling inside stories" (Chicago Tribune), Teammate is the inspiring memoir from "Grandpa Rossy," the veteran catcher who became the heart and soul of the 2016 Chicago Cubs championship team.
In 2016 the Cubs snapped a 108-year curse, winning the World Series in a history-making, seven-game series against the Cleveland Indians. Of the many storylines to Chicago's fairytale season, one stood out: the late-career renaissance of David Ross, the 39-year-old catcher who had played back-up for 13 of his 15 pro seasons.
Beyond Ross's remarkably strong play, he became the ultimate positive force in the Cubs locker room, mentoring and motivating his fellow players, some of them nearly twenty years his junior. Thanks to Cubs Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo, "Grandpa Rossy" became a social media sensation. No one, however, could have predicted that Ross's home run in his final career at bat would help seal the Cubs championship.
Now, in Teammate, Ross shares the inspiring story of his life in baseball, framed by the events of that unforgettable November night.
Things to know about this event:
• We will allow two people to use one ticket (one book) to enter the signing line. We won’t quibble with three, either—basically a family group—A dad and son, two parents and a kid…
• To get your place in line:
- Buy your signing line ticket (the price is the price of the book) from us starting on: Tuesday, July 11th (You will get your line number at this time.) You can buy a ticket in person at the store as well.
- Order and pre-pay by calling us 847-446-8880. We will hold your ticket and book for you to pick up the evening of the event.
We can only sell 400 books (tickets).
• Mr. Ross is not giving a talk, this is a book-signing event.
• IMPORTANT: Mr. Ross will only sign copies of his book No--magazines, or jerseys, baseballs, or other any other memorabilia.
• Due to time constraints, he cannot personalize the book, just sign it!
• Photos at the event will be permitted. BUT he won’t have time to stand and pose for individual shots. Staffers will be on hand to help with pics—you can lean in to the frame as he signs your book.
• We’ll open the line at 6 PM—tickets will have a group number—we’ll allow group A to enter first. You get group A by being among the first to order.
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERPacked with "compelling inside stories" (Chicago Tribune), Teammate is the inspiring memoir from "Grandpa Rossy," the veteran catcher who became the heart and soul of the 2016 Chicago Cubs championship team.
USA TODAY BESTSELLER